Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Drawing

It's been years (seriously) since I last picked up a sketch pad and seriously drew anything, but today I suddenly felt inspired and spent six hours doing this with an online paint program:



And I did it all with a mouse. My pinky is sore... @@;

The girl is a character I've had in my head for a long time. Her name is Kaiyinn and she can communicate with animals. Recently I've envisioned her with a white tiger as a companion, hence the picture.

As a teenager I used to do things like this all the time. Drawing pictures and making up characters, etc. I don't know why I stopped, but one day I just didn't feel like drawing anymore. I wonder if it's come back? I did have a lot of fun doing this!

******************************

Edit: I just drew another one today. Six hours again. Maybe it really has come back? @@;


I don't know, she's... some hot chick. XD I also thought I'd been drawing too many skinny white girls and needed to break away from that a bit. ^^; I'm quite happy with how this turned out!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to see you're drawing again! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow so cool...what is program you use? i might try to create some unicorns...-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Alyona:

    It's a thing online called oekaki BBS. (Oekaki means "drawing" in Japanese.) There are lots of sites where you can use it, but here's one that's easy for anyone to join:

    http://sutaro.com/oekaki/index.php

    And I was totally thinking of drawing a unicorn for you. I had a cool idea for a picture too... Hopefully I'll feel inspired to draw again soon!

    ReplyDelete